The relationship between employers and employees is often complicated. Without the proper care, it can quickly lead to costly and time-consuming disputes, sending productivity into a down spiral and even scaring off customers. Our goal is to help you to avoid such a breakdown in relations whenever possible. Our services focus on proactive counseling designed to prevent employee disputes in the first place. Some of our services include:
- Reviewing, drafting, and revising employee handbooks to ensure that they comply with current law and create optimally effective policies for your workplace;
- Helping you to comply with increasingly complex laws relating to privacy in the workplace;
- Counseling regarding specific termination or discipline matters;
- Reviewing your policies regarding overtime pay, commissions, vacation accrual, meal and rest periods, and all other issues within the purview of “wage and hour law”;
- Advising you on how to comply with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and related federal and state statutes;
- Assisting you in complying with your legal duties to employees in the context of layoffs and workforce reductions;
- Helping you to design and implement strong anti-harassment and anti-discrimination policies and effective procedures to enforce those policies;
- Preparing comprehensive employment contracts that protect all critical interests of your company, including effective non-competition and non-disclosure agreements; and
- Assisting with the reasonable accommodation process under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Despite the most conscientious efforts to avoid them, employee disputes do happen — and our experienced team is ready to help. We have a track record of successful litigation, arbitration, and mediation of a wide variety of employment disputes, from wage and hour, harassment, whistleblower, workplace safety, and discrimination claims, to actions involving breach of contract, trade secrets, and those alleging violations of state or federal leave laws. Our litigation team’s extensive experience in defending these types of cases gives you a considerable advantage in obtaining favorable results at trial, and our considerable knowledge of appellate law helps uphold our trial results.