Construction can be complex from the start. Whether you need general legal advice that will assist you in operating a company involved in construction related activities, or more specific representation on a particular commercial, residential or public project or dispute, we can help. Our clients range from residential and commercial property owners to lenders, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and design professionals. We have assisted our clients with commercial, residential and public projects of all sizes. Some of the services we can offer our clients are:
- Contract review, negotiation and drafting;
- Assistance in obtaining development approvals for a project;
- Advice about legal rights and options during the construction process;
- Preparing or defending bond claims;
- Preparing or defending lien claims;
- Pursuing or defending construction defect claims;
- Addressing time impact or delay issues and claims;
- Representing clients at mediations, arbitrations, court proceedings and administrative hearings; and
- Assisting clients with licensing and regulatory compliance issues.
Our construction attorneys also have access to related expertise within the firm to provide you with assistance and advice in addressing issues that often arise in the construction process including business entity formation, real estate, environmental, land use and employment law issues that are common in the construction industry.