Our Work in Estate Planning and Administration
Estate planning is more than drafting wills and trusts. It is developing and implementing a strategic plan to address business, financial, tax and family objectives for effective wealth management and transmission. That is what we do best. Our experienced attorneys help you identify personal goals and family needs to develop the most effective arrangements to achieve your objectives such as:
- Crafting simple or complex wills, trusts, business organizations, buy-sell agreements, and beneficiary designations dealing with all types of assets;
- Planning to minimize income, estate and gift taxes;
- Developing arrangements to meet the educational, special, and other needs of future generations;
- Settling estates and trusts, optimizing the transmission of wealth and dealing with taxing authorities (IRS and Oregon Department of Revenue) in a tax sensitive environment;
- Advising executors and trustees regarding their duties, responsibilities and avoidance of challenges; and
- Planning with charitable gift options such as charitable trusts, donor advised funds, private foundations and charitable IRA distributions.